Volunteers are at the heart of our services. It is through their efforts that we are able to fulfill our mission of providing exceptional care and support to our individuals and their families.
All volunteers complete a volunteer orientation program that helps them to understand circumstances surrounding end-of-life issues.
Become a Volunteer
Apply online to Volunteer - click here
For more information about becoming a volunteer, please call the Hope Hospice Volunteer coordinator at (412) 367-3685 or stop by the office located at 3356 Babcock Boulevard to fill out an application.
Request a Volunteer
If you need a volunteer to help with your hospice patient - click here to Apply online
Ways to Volunteer
There are many ways for a volunteer to share their unique talents and abilities. Listed below are just a few of the ways to volunteer:
- Run errands for a family
- Take a patient to a doctor's appointment
- Provide emotional support and friendship
- Give a caregiver some much needed rest
- Visit patients in hospitals, assisted living or nursing facilities
- Be a phone buddy for someone who lives alone
- Attend health fairs to share information about hospice
- Assist with fund raising, and community activities
- Create scrapbooks for patients
- Provide musical entertainment for patients and families
- Participate in sewing projects
- Make bereavement phone calls
- Provide office support